Thursday, January 26, 2012

Project Life Week 3

It's been a looooong week. As you will see in my pages I had a treatment and recovery takes some time. Then I caught the sickies from my boys. It's been fun :)

I am posting week 3's pages late even though I had them all done. I took 56 photos this week! I always take a lot... except for the week coming up... I may fall short. Somehow I managed to goof up the dates on some of my pages but I have corrected them. I also realized I am doing 2 pages for each week instead of 1! I jumped into this project hard and fast without really doing any 'research'. What I do love about this project is that anything goes. Perhaps next week I will have 1 page for the week. Now I am wondering how to do week 5 - with January having 3 days and going right into February - (29th, 30th & 31st) I'm doing a cover page for each month so where will this fit in? ;o ... sigh, I am confused yet again! I'll figure it out when I get there.

I've been working and learning my SLR camera. I love it. I especially love taking macro photos. In doing some pricing for lenses I was completely floored and there is NO way I am spending $500+ for 1 lens (not to mention the other one I would like is over $1k). There is a new camera on the market. Jimmy has a background in photography (he really could go pro - just has no interest) and neither do I! Soooo, we are selling the SLR (giving Jake our point and shoot) and have purchased the new Canon SX40 HS. It's coming home tonight :) I am very happy to have made this decision. I'll be able to shoot photos pretty much the same (from what I've seen online, specifically YouTube and other reviews by photographers  - all who seem very impressed). I will not have to purchase any lenses to take macro or zoom -- the specs are powerful and I cannot wait to start shooting with it! Obviously, if I were going to become a pro photographer I would keep my SLR and purchase lenses. I have no desire whatsoever. My only desire is to take great photos for memory keeping (and of the insects and flowers I love to photograph) - and now I will also have a video camera (stereo!) built in. This will be great when Jake starts Tae Kwon Do and softball.

Here it is in all it's glory ::
sweet, eh? 
Here are my pages from Week 3 ::
Week 3- Page 1
Week 3 - Page 2


Peace & Scrappiness :)


1 comment:

  1. So, I am sitting up here in Bellingham, Washington, still awaiting Henry's arrival and in complete awe of you, your family, your new camera and your pages!

    Girl, you are one BEAUTIFUL specimen inside and out and to see the utter joy in the face of your son moves makes my heart skip a beat or two!

    I love the way you are doing your Project 365 pages! Very much like I wish to do as I begin to scrap the lives of my six children over the past 30 years. I plan on making photo books so I really like clean lines with just a few graphics in the mix. Touche' girl. You ROCK to the moon and beyond!

    Love you much and hope your long periods of rest are helping you re-energize sweetness.

    Have an AWESOME week ahead! XOXO

    ReplyDelete